We go through a lot of green smoothies. I drink them when I feel like I need more greens. I don’t personally feel the urge to sit down to a giant plate full of spinach, but I quite regularly crave it in the form of a fruity smoothie. This is our most recent favorite. We change things up according to what we have on the counter and in the freezer and lately we’ve had plenty of bananas and frozen strawberries. I don’t know what it is about this smoothie but it’s so addicting. At first sip it’s not the most amazing thing ever, but after a few seconds you have to take another sip. That’s how getting my daily greens should be. As for the addictiveness… It must be the strawberries and my body wanting it to be spring already 🙂
Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 large over-ripe banana
- 2 handfuls of spinach about a cup and a half packed
- 1 cup milk dairy or non dairy or water
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or a few more : )
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Add the banana, spinach and milk or water to your blender and blend till smooth. If you've never had a green smoothie before, try adding only 1 cup of spinach and see how you like it. I think over time we've just added more and more and we really honestly don't notice it. I usually add water or almond milk just for myself but for the kids I use full fat dairy. Both taste good. Blend till there are no spinach chunks. Then add the strawberries and flaxseed meal and blend again till smooth. If you'd prefer yours to be sweeter(sometimes the strawberries can be kind of sour), try adding a small Medjool date and make sure you blend till it's completely smooth again.