So I saw this recipe posted over at How Sweet It Is the other day and I knew I had to try it. I’ve never had this kind of peanut butter seeing as the town we live in seems to only carry basic things. Honestly, I think it’s amazing they carry nutella at all – not that we ever buy it. We have hazelnut trees, why would be want to buy nutella? Anyways, enough rambling(it must be the sugar high)… So needless to say I’ve never tried any flavored peanut butter, and I really couldn’t resist. White chocolate and peanut butter? Yum! And I was right, it’s amazing. Even though I substituted peanut butter for the peanuts and just chose to mix it all up with a spoon rather than in a food processor. I may have also guessed the end amount of peanut butter to be less than it actually would have been leading to a higher chocolate to peanut butter ratio. Oops? I think it was a very yummy oops. In any case this peanut butter is far too dangerous to keep in the house all the time so you’ll be happy to know it’s already gone 🙂
White Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts (or 1/2 C of your favorite natural smooth peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flavorless oil
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips melted
- Add peanuts to a food processor and blend until a thick nut butter forms. Stream in oil and vanilla with the processor on, continuing to run it until the mixture is smooth – this took me about 3-4 minutes. You can add more oil if needed, just do it in small increments.
- Turn off processor, add melted chocolate, and turn processor back on. Blend until smooth. Or if using peanut butter just add everything to a bowl and mix.
Comments & Reviews
This is my kind of recipe! I’ve never made peanut butter before, but sounds easy. Great recipe find and I love the white chocolate.
Heidi @ Food Doodles says
It’s very easy 🙂 At first it will clump together, it wont be nice and smooth like regular peanut butter. Just keep blending and it will be perfect!
oooh lala cant wait to try this one out next
Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies says
I can’t believe how easy it is to make this. I’m loving the idea. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I’d like to invite you to stop by and link your peanut butter up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html