Quick and easy roasted Brussels sprouts are a great healthy side dish. These are flavored with a little bacon and pepitas for some added crunch and flavor. These Brussels sprouts will become your new favorite.
I have some more greens for you today! Now, if you haven’t had roasted Brussels sprouts before, now is the time! It’s so easy to do and they turn out so delicious.
Trust me, I never liked Brussels sprouts before I roasted them. Now that I’ve roasted them, I like them just about any way, boiled, steamed, raw, I love them! And I never would have given them another chance if it wasn’t for roasting 🙂
And the bacon addition is amazing. If you prefer to make it in an air fryer, try this air fryer bacon.
So of course I did dress these little beauties up a little. There isn’t much that isn’t improved with bacon, and I also added some delicious nutty pepitas, because they are so good! And good for you, in case you’re wondering, but let’s not even get into that 😉 This dish comes together in about 20 minutes, and most of the time is pretty hands off.
I have just one more side dish for you this week, and it’s one of my favorites. Who am I kidding, these have all been my favorites. They’re all delicious, and if you give them a try, let me know how you like them in the comments below!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Pepitas
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 2 strips regular thickness naturally smoked bacon
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place 2 strips of bacon on a baking sheet(the older, more black the better, since a nice new pan will get marked up when roasting). Place in the oven and bake until crispy, about 8 minutes from frozen and 6 minutes or so when fridge temperature, but watch closely as it will burn quickly at this temperature. Flip once in the middle of baking if needed.
- While the bacon is cooking, prepare the Brussels sprouts by cutting off the ends and cutting in half.
- When the bacon is done, remove from the oven and drain the bacon slices on a paper towel. Drain a little of the bacon grease if desired and place the Brussels sprouts cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and roast for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of Brussels sprouts, or until the bottoms are golden. In the last couple minutes sprinkle the pepitas over the sprouts and continue to cook for just 1-2 minutes until they're toasted. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and crumble the bacon over top. Serve immediately.