Chocolate covered strawberry overnight oats, made the night before so they’re ready as soon as you wake up. They even travel well so they make a perfect, delicious breakfast on the go!
Well, it has as always, been a crazy transition to summer vacation for us. Now we’re finally getting into our groove. It look a little longer this year because we also added this little cutie to our family…
Her name is Katie and she is such a sweetie. She’s only about 3 months old and growing like crazy. We love her already!
Now I don’t know what the weather has been like where you are, but here in BC it has been cooking! So I’m here with a cool, delicious breakfast for you. Because seriously, when you know it’s going to be 100+ degrees out in a few hours, you don’t even want something warm for breakfast, am I right? I feel like I am the last person to get on the overnight oats bandwagon, but I would not be sharing this recipe if I didn’t think they were delicious and so worth sharing. I will be sharing lots more variations as the summer goes on, I’m sure. I already have a healthy and SO delicious carrot cake version ready to share with you. What other flavors would you love to see? Leave me a comment below and let me know!
Hope you enjoy these ones!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ⅔ C quick cooking oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- ⅔ C unsweetened almond milk, more as needed
- ¼ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar, more to taste
- ½ tsp vanilla
- pinch sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Strawberries, cut into small pieces
- Stir all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Add extra milk as needed in the morning if you'd like less thick oats. Divide into two servings and stir in as many strawberries as you'd like and top with strawberries. Enjoy!
I usually serve this alongside some other source of protein like a couple hard boiled eggs. If this is all I'm going to have for breakfast I'd add a scoop of my favorite protein powder.