Bright and sunny fresh carrots, lightly glazed with orange juice, honey and a little butter to make a delicious and healthy side dish!
One more side dish for you this week! Let me start out by saying, I’m not a huge fan of glazed carrots, at least the way I’ve had them before. I love the natural taste of carrots so adding more sugar and butter than carrots to a carrot recipe doesn’t seem right to me. These are very lightly glazed and more than anything have a delicious orange flavor to them. They are my new favorite way to make carrots 🙂
I’m being totally honest when I say this is my new favorite way to enjoy carrots! It’s incredibly yummy. Just a little buttery with a lovely orange flavor and all that delicious flavor of carrots that I love. Now I know baby carrots are popular and I believe this could theoretically be made with baby carrots but, they do lack flavor so I really recommend using regular carrots. I know peeling and cutting them is extra work, but trust me, it’s worth the extra 5 minutes 🙂
I’m going to keep this post short and sweet since I’m all out of steam for the week so enjoy and I’ll see you all here next week!
- 1 lb fresh carrots, peeled and sliced ¼" thick
- ¼ C orange juice, no sugar added(freshly squeezed is best)
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Zest of 1 large navel orange
- Salt to taste
- Parsley to taste, if desired
- In a small saucepan add the orange juice, butter and honey.
- Place over medium heat and stir together until the liquid begins to simmer then add the carrots.
- Stir to coat then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer until the carrots are tender and the glaze coats the carrots stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with salt to taste and parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.