Pineapple and Blueberry Fruit Salad

by Heidi @ Food Doodles on June 22, 2012

Just a quick one from me today.  I feel a bit bad posting these “non-recipes”.  Fruit salad is not something you need a recipe for, at least in our house.  Throw any and all different kinds of fruits in a bowl and call it a fruit salad.  Especially in our house we have no problems with fruit so I very rarely feel the need to dress it up.  This was just one of those times I wanted to do something a little more special than just cut up pineapple in the fridge.

As an afterthought, I threw some mint into the picture because I think it would be delicious very finely chopped or chiffonaded and tossed into the salad.  Maybe then it would be a Pineapple and Blueberry Mojito Salad.  I don’t know about you, but that sounds good to me 😀

Anyways, I couldn’t resist sharing.  This was yummy, simple and looked pretty too 🙂  Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

1 The Café Sucré Farine June 22, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Don’t feel bad, this looks fantastic, sometimes the simplest recipes are the best, especially with wonderful seasonal ingredients!
The Café Sucré Farine recently posted..Biscoff Shortbread Cookies

2 Kathryn June 23, 2012 at 6:53 am

Love the combination of pineapple and blueberry.
Kathryn recently posted..whole wheat honey shortbread

3 Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} June 23, 2012 at 9:04 am

I love adding lime to fruits. Such a delicious way to brighten up the flavors!
Maryea {Happy Healthy Mama} recently posted..Vacation.

4 Heather June 25, 2012 at 9:06 am

So Pretty Heidi!
Fruit salad never lasts long in our house, so perfect for summer 🙂
Heather recently posted..strawberry almond breakfast cake

5 Joanne June 25, 2012 at 10:40 am

This sounds like the perfect breakfast or midday snack! Especially since pineapple is one of my favorite fruits!
Joanne recently posted..Recipe: Warm Fava Shallot Barley Salad

6 Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies June 25, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Fruit salad is the perfect light side dish for summertime! I’m always looking for new ones to try, so I’m going to have to remember this one. 🙂
Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies recently posted..Recipe | Herbed French Lentil Salad

7 Riley June 26, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Looks very light and refreshing! Yum.

8 Karla March 25, 2014 at 3:44 pm

This salad is great!! I’m super picky about my fruit salads. I don’t care for heavy syrup-like dressings and it has to be fresh. This has a nice dressing, is a power house nutritionally, and has a great combo of flavors! I love that it can be made in advance. Thank you~